Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PIMER Chandigarh)
PIMER Chandigarh is a medical and research institution located in Chandigarh, India. PIMER Founders of institute are Tulsi Das, Santokh Singh Anand, P N Chuttani, B N Aikat, Sant Ram Dhall and Bala Krishna. PIMER was established 1960 and it was declared as an Institute of National Importance by act of Parliament 1 April 1997. PGIMER is involved in research for the rural and community related environment and health problems.
Details of PIMER, Admission:-
Name of the Department:-
• Anaesthesia:-01 Seats,
• Biochemistry:-02 Seats,
• Biophysics:-02 Seats,
• School of Public Health:-06 Seats,
• Experimental Med. & Biotechnology:-02 Seats,
• ENT (02 Seats), Endocrinology:-01 Seat,
• Gastroenterology:-02 Seats,
• Histopathology:-02 Seats,
• Immunopathology:-01 Seats,
• Medical Microbiology:-04 Seats,
• Nuclear Medicine:-04 Seats,
• Neurology:-01 Seat,
• Pediatrics:-04 Seats,
• Pharmacology:-02 Seats
• Virology:-01 Seats.
MBBS with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS in the subject concerned or Diplomat of National Board of Examination. A “Failure” in the exam, “Compartment” or “Re-appear” in the exam will constitute an attempt Applicants who have obtained MBBS/MD/MS degree from Medical Colleges, which are not recognized by the MCI, are not eligible to apply.
Eligibility for Non Medical/Social Behavioral Sciences:-
The applicants who have passed M.Sc/MA or its equivalent/exam with at least 60% marks in the subjects mentioned below: from the colleges/institutes recognized by the UGC/Panjab University are eligible (OR).
Social Behavioral Sciences:-
• The applicants with the following subjects are eligible for Social Behavioral Sciences; Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Nursing, Nutrition, Child Development.
• MA/M.Sc/M.Phil in Health Promotion/Education, Health Management, Epidemiology, Environmental Health / Environmental Sciences and Public Health Nutrition/Applied Nutrition/Food and Nutrition, Health Economics / Applied Economics / Economics, Public Health/Community Health and MPH.
• Post graduation in Law i.e. LLM and its equivalent qualification
A degree of Master of Sciences (M.Sc) or Master in Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc) or M.Sc (Laboratory Technology) or M.Sc (Speech & Hearing) in subjects allied to Medical Sciences such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Human Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Life Sciences including Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Anthropology & M.Sc (Human Genomics).
The applicants seeking admission to PhD program of this Institute will have to appear in the entrance exam consisting of 100 marks as per details given below:
i) Aptitude test – Covering general Science, English, Biostatistics and Research Methodology: 30 marks
ii) Specialty theory test (multiple choice questions for the respective theory): 50 marks
• Medical MBBS level or;
• Non Medical Sciences or;
• Social and Behavioral Sciences
There will be negative marking to the extent of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the theory paper: 20 marks.
iii) Evaluation by the department concerned.
The following dues are payable to the Institute, by the applicants admitted to the various courses mentioned above:-
(a) Registration Fee: Rs.500/-,
(b) Tuition Fee: Rs.350/- per annum,
(c) Laboratory Fee: Rs.900/- per annum,
(d) Amalgamated Fund: Rs.60 per month,
(e) Security: Rs.1000/- (refundable only after completion of course)
(f) Hostel Security: Rs.6000/- (refundable)
The deposited with the Administrative Officer (Hostel) if hostel accommodation is allotted.
The first installment of fees for six months is required to be paid immediately after selection.
How to Apply:-
• The applicant should fill his/her application form available on the PGI website http://pgimer.edu.in
• The applicant is required to fill the Application Form/Challan Form online, which is available at the link (pgimer.applyforexam.com) provided by the PGI at website i.e. http://pgimer.edu.in
• The applicant should take out a print of a challan form (in triplicate) and deposit the required application fee in any branch of State Bank of India. The Challan form is required to be filled up in the name of Director,
• PGIMER, Chandigarh (Exam) in the Power Jyoti Account No. 32211613319 and those applicants who have SBI account can also pay their fee through i-collect service of SBI and i-collect Account No. is 32222954695
• In that case the INB reference No. will have to be mentioned instead of Challan No. in the application form. The amount of fee to be paid is as under:
• For SC/ST category – Rs.800/-.
• For all other categories – Rs.1000/-.
For more information you can see this websitehttp://pgimer.edu.in/PGIMER_PORTAL/PGIMERPORTAL/home.jsp.
Important Dates, Exam and Interview:-
Last Date for Submission of Application Online & – Generation of Challan:-
April 16th 2016
Last Date for Depositing of Fee in the Bank:-
April 21st 2016
Date of Entrance Examination:-
July 12th 2016 (10.00 am)
Declaration of Result:-
July 13th 2016 (09.00 am)
July 13th 2016 (10.00 am)
Date of Counseling/Interview:-
July 14th 2016 (03.00 am)