NIT(National Institute of Technology Goa)
NIT Goa is technical Institute of the region. NIT Goa was established in the year 2010. It is declared as “Institute of National Important”. NIT Goa is an autonomous institute and functioning under the aegis Ministry of human Resource Development in Government of India The institute was to be set up using Rs 250 core provided by central government. The first batch of students was admitted and academic activities of NIT Goa were started in the year 2010-11.
Details of NIT Goa , Admission:-
Engineering & Technology:-
• Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in the relevant discipline with a minimum 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 60 percent marks in both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels from recognized technical Institute or University.
• Minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55 percent marks for SC/ST Applicants.
Humanities & Science (Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Mathematics, Economics and English):-
Master’s degree in Science or Humanities/M.Tech in the relevant area with a minimum 6.5 or 60 percent marks in both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels from recognized Institute or University. (Minimum 6.0 CGPA or 55 percent marks for SC/ST Applicants).
Applicants will be considered for PHDs programmers on the basis of:-
Valid GATE score card or CSIR/NBHM/UGC-NET fellowship.
Indicative list of Board Areas of Research:-
Computer Science & Engineering:-
Data Mining, Wireless sensor networks, machine learning, computer vision, content based information retrieval, Cryptography and Information security Electronics & Communication Engineering: Digital Signal Processing, Image and Video Processing, Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning, Communication Engineering, Wireless Communication, Information Theory, Analog and Digital VLSI Circuits and Signal Processing, Solid State Devices, Nanotechnology, Microelectronics and Embedded systems.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering:-
Power systems, Control systems, Power Electronics and Drives.
Humanities & Sciences:-
Electron Paramagnetic Resonance spectroscopy.
Fluid Dynamics, Inverse Problems, Numerical Optimization, Mathematical Ecology, Non-liner Dynamics and Stochastic Modeling in mathematical Biology.
Photonics and Fiber optic Sensors.
The selected Applicants shall be entitled for scholarship/assistantship as per Govt. of India norms from time to time. Research scholars selected for the PhD programmers will have to complete the allotted course work within 2 years of the joining of PhD Programmer and will be governed by PhD regulations of the Institute.
The admission to Ph.D Programmer will be on the criteria given below:
• Overall academic performance (to be fixed by the Institute) 70 percent
• Interview conducted by the Department 30 percent
All Applicants selected for admission shall be required to deposit the requisite Institute fee at the time of admission.
How to Apply:-
• The application form and other relevant information for admission to PhD program may be downloaded from the Institute website www.nitgoa.ac.in
• Applications form, duly filled in, must contain a crossed Demand Draft (DD) of Rs.500/- for General / OBC and Rs.300/- for SC/ST.
• The Demand Draft (DD) must be drawn in favor of “Director NIT Goa” payable at Ponda, Goa and should reach, NIT Goa-403401 on or before Second week of November 2016.
For more details you can see this website http://www.nitgoa.ac.in/Default.aspx.
• Tuition Fee (SC/ST student are exempted) – Ist Sem.: Rs.7500/-, IInd Sem.: Rs.7500/-, IIIrd Sem.: Rs.7500/-, IVth Sem.: Rs.7500/-, Vth Sem.: Rs.7500/-
• Other Fee – Ist Sem.: Rs.4000/-, IIIrd Sem.: Rs.4000/-, Vth Sem.: Rs.4000/-
• Group Insurance Coverage of Students – Ist Sem.: Rs.1086/-, IIIrd Sem.: Rs.1086/-, Vth Sem.: Rs.1086/-
• Security Deposit (refundable) Rs.4000/-; Admission: Ist Sem.: 750/-
• Total in Ist Sem (for Gen, OBC) Rs.22,336 (Rs.11836 SC/ST)
Important Dates & Interview:-
Last Date and interview:-
Newspaper Advertisement/Internal Advert by Second week of October 2016
Last Date for Receipt of Application Form on Second week of November 2016
Date of Interview at NIT Goa on Last week of November 2016
Date of Announcement of Results on Last week of November 2016