Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
JNCASR is open PHD Admissions in 2016.JNCASR is a multidisciplinary research institute. JNCASR was established by the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India. JNCASR is located in Jakkur, Bangalore, India. Its mandate is to pursue and promote scientific research and training at the frontiers of science and engineering.
Details of JNCASR, PHD Admission:-
For PhD Programs:-
Applicants with an M.Sc., B.E, B.Tech, B.Pharm/M.E, M.Tech or MBBS are eligible to apply. They should have at least 50% in their highest university exam, and should also have qualified in the GATE /GPAT/UGC-/CSIR-NET-JRF/ICMR-JRF/DBT-JRF/JEST/INSPIRE (Fellowship).
For M.S (Engineering)/M.S (Research) Programs:-
• Applicants with an M.Sc, B.E, B.Tech, B.Pharm M.E, M.Tech or MBBS are eligible to apply. They must have at least 50% in their highest University examination, and should also have qualified in GATE /GPAT/UGC/ CSIR-NET-JRF/ICMR-JRF/DBT-JRF / JEST / INSPIRE (JRF).
• The certificate of such exam should have the validity period for seeking admission to research program as on 01st January 2016 Generally, ME/M.Tech students are required to qualify one of the exams mentioned above, however exceptional applicants without these exams may also be considered.
For Integrated Ph.D Program:-
Applicants must have a minimum of 55% marks at the bachelor’s level (B.Sc/B.E/B.Tech) as applicable to the area. Applicants who are appearing for their final examination can also apply.
Selection Processes :-
• Selection to the degree programs of JNCASR are subject to excellent academic background score/percentile/rank obtained in national fellowship exams and performance in the interview.
• For Integrated PhD Program: Selection will be through the Joint Admission Test (JAM) for master’s and/or JNCASR’s written test, followed by interview at Bangalore for the shortlisted applicants.
How to apply Application Form:-
• The award certificate of the national level examination(s) mentioned above must have the validity period for seeking admission to research program as on 01st August 2016.
• The list of short listed applicants and other announcements regarding admission will be uploaded on www.jncasr.ac.in/admit website periodically.
• For receiving the information sheet and application by post, write to the Assistant Coordinator, Research Admissions, and Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Jakkur, Bangalore-560064 with a self-addressed envelope.
Last Date to submit the Online Application Form :-
April 10th 2016